ESDA Code of ethics
ESDA and its members are guided by a spirit of justice, honour and fairness in all dealings with their own members and other associated industries, thereby appreciating the standards maintained in their own industry affects the standards of the industry as a whole.
- Supporting the use of security products to better the society and community in which they live.
- Conducting their business and develop the ability and technical skills of the industry.
- Dealing fairly and honestly with local, state and public agencies through ESDA and matters affecting the legislation and seeking fair and honest treatment in return.
- Working to serve and expand ESDA through all fair and ethical practices and to reflect favourably on its identifying logo, using it in promotion and advertising to show support of its good and aspirations.
- Advocate truth in advertising to ensure that their products perform as specified in promotional material, as well standing behind their guarantees and warranties.
- Co-operate beneficially with all members of the industry and other industry associations through ESDA, thereby fostering cordial relations among them.
- Striving to maintain a professional attitude towards those they serve, those who service them, towards other firms in the industry and towards members of similar industries.
- The members of ESDA recognise that this is a society of competitors and agree that this competition will be conducted in a fair and ethical way. In order to achieve this, members have agreed that their executives and staff will not:
- Make derogatory and disparaging remarks regarding their co-members and competitors, irrespective of whether they are members of ESDA or not.
- Recruit staff from their competitors.
- Approach their competitors’ exclusive suppliers with the objective of interfering with this exclusive arrangement in any way.
Be it resolved that the ESDA members subscribe to the principles embodied in this code of ethics.