The Electronic Security Distributors’ Association (ESDA), is an association not for gain. The Association was established in 1989 and is registered in terms of Section 22 of the Companies Act, 61 of 1973.
ESDA’s focus is to encourage and protect the interests of its members as well as assist them maintain a high ethical standard of conduct. As an Association, we represent them in the context of any proposed or existing legislation, primary or subordinate, which may affect the members directly or indirectly.
The main business activity of every member is the importation, distribution or manufacturing (or a combination of these) of electronic security technology products, or the provision of services directly related to such importation, distribution or manufacturing. It is of importance to note that ESDA members of are excluded from performing installation of security equipment.
The Objectives of ESDA
- To promote high standards in electronic security technology products, workmanship, maintenance, and service to the electronic security equipment industry
- To maintain an unparalleled standard of ethics and conduct within the industry
- To support, encourage and protect the interests of all its members
- To represent the interests of members of ESDA in the context of any proposed or existing legislation, primary or subordinate, which may affect the ESDA members directly or indirectly.
Opportunities with ESDA
- Liaison with SAIDSA and SASA and other Employer Organisations
- Technical Networking
- Development of Technical Learnership Programs and Unit Standards
In addition, the following activities are available for ESDA members to participate in:
- Annual Exhibitions e.g. Securex
- General Meetings
- Annual AGM
- Golf Day
- Seminars at General Meetings